In recent days, the citizens of Lublin have had an opportunity to witness an extraordinary flash mob. On the Lithuanian Square, in the very center of Lublin, a group friends from Idź Pod Prąd (Go Against the Tide) TV organized a campaign, the aim of which was to express Poles’ support for freedom loving Chinese people living in Hong Kong. Check it out in the video below:
SEND A LETTER OF SUPPORT to activists imprisoned by the Chinese communist authorities in Hong Kong! #FreeHongKong!
April 23rd, 4 out of 9 activists, who had been sentenced for their participation in the peace protests during the Umbrella Revolution of 2014 were put in a communist prison. Hundreds of thousands of people were demonstrating against – among other issues – revoking their universal suffrage. Two professors, Benny Tai Yiu-ting and Chan Kin-man, were sentenced to 16 months in prison, while a lawyer and lawmaker, Shiu Ka-chun, as well as an activist, Raphael Wong Ho-ming, were sent to prison for 8 months.
As a TV station, we initiated a campaign, #FreeHongKong, #SayNoToCommunistChina. We are encouraging you to send your photos with these hashtags to firstname.lastname@example.org and use them on social media as often as possible. Help the sentenced activists by sending them letters of support to prison! To let them know we remember about them.
- Benny Tai Yiu-ting
- Chan Kin-man
- Shiu Ka-chun
- Raphael Wong Ho-ming
Justice & Peace Commission of The H.K.
Catholic Diocese 6/F, Holy Cross Centre,
72 Yiu Hing Road, Sai Wan Ho, Hong Kong
- Write the name of only one addressee (from the list above) on the envelope. However, in the body of the letter you are welcome to emphasize that you are supporting all four inmates. In case you would like each one to receive an individual letter you should write four separate letters. On each, indicate for whom it is intended, and send them all in one envelope to the address stated above. The workers of this organization will send the letters out to the inmates.
- Please do not include photos of the inmates. You may include photos of others, including yourself. Please print the images on a letter-size or A4-size paper instead of sending the actual photos.
- A card can’t have any glitter on it.
- Packages with books will not be accepted.
- If you would like to receive a reply, please write your name and email address in the letter. Note that they may be unable to reply on an individual basis or in a timely manner.
- Sending letters via priority mail is recommended.
Translation – Rafał Toczyłowski